- Established in 1988 as Zygon Associates Pty Ltd and the Australian Values
Institute, in 2003 we became the Minessence Group which has been the name of our
WebSite since the mid-90s.
The Minessence Group are world leaders in the development and support of
to view a Powerpoint which outlines the infrastructure we have created to support
people working with values.
AVI - The AVI (A Values Inventory) is used internationally by individuals
- To assist in career choices
- As an adjunct to recruitment processes
- In organisation wide values programs - reductions in staff turnover of 25% have
- As an aid to strategic planning, scenario planning and in creating meaningful
corporate vision and mission statements
- By practitioners of ACT (Acceptance Commitment Therapy) and ACCL (Acceptance, Commitment
and Conscious Living) - a core component of ACT and ACCL, is the exploration of,
and commitment to, one's values
- In team building/team development - effective teams are ones where there is diversity
of membership bound together by the "glue" of a strongly held set of shared values.
- In corporate stress reduction programs - it's amazing how stress levels drop when
we are clear about our values and consciously committed to them.
International Team - There's an international team of people accredited to
use the AVI. Click here to locate the nearest person to you.
MissionControl - The international team of AVI Accredited Consultants are
supported by a web-based system known as MissionControl. From MissionControl
they can perform all functions necessary to use the AVI with individuals, groups
and corporations. For example: group codes can be created - these then appear
automatically in a drop-down-list when people are completing the AVI online;
automatic notification is sent to a Consultant each time a person completes an
AVI at their dedicated online AVI website; AVI reports can be produced, by the
Consultant, directly from MissionControl; and much more.
Books and Other Resources - Support to people working with values is also
provided through a range of award-winning books written by Minessence Group members.
These include: New Wisdom II: Values-based Development - Colins & Chippendale;
Finding True North - Henderson (winner of the Ashton Wylie Book Award 2004,
this book is the 'bible' for proponents of ACT & ACCL); Leading through Values
- Henderson, Thompson & Henderson (an international best seller in the corporate
You are welcome to...
- Learn more about values-based approaches through our top selling book
New Wisdom II: Values-Based Development
- Check out coming events
related to the Minessence Group's activities
- Become accredited so you can use the AVI to conduct values audits of your organisation, undertake values-based team building, enhance your mentoring/coaching skills, etc.